Winslow Community FCU responds to COVID-19
Winslow Community Federal Credit Union is committed to assisting our community with efforts to prevent potential exposure to the Coronavirus. Maintaining the well-being of our staff and members is of utmost concern, while still providing our members with the financial services they have come to rely upon from their credit union.
Recommendations from the Federal and State Centers for Disease Control are guiding our actions in response to maintaining social distancing. We reassure all members that your credit union continues to be very safe and secure, and that your deposits remain insured up to $250,000.
With these thoughts in mind, please note the following:
Office hours: Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice, in person services in our lobby will be suspended.
The following services will remain available:
- Drive Up Window: We have 2 Drive Up lanes and multiple staff members ready to serve you. Please use both lanes. Our hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Wednesday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Thursday, and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Friday. On the first and third of the month we will be directing traffic through the St. John Church parking lot into our drive-through lanes to help prevent a back-up on Monument Street and to keep things running as smoothly as possible. We will have our friendly staff outside helping to direct you where to go!
- Night Deposit: We have a night deposit box located in the 1st drive up lane. We will check the night deposit every two hours during business hours.
- Use Our Remote Services: Home Banking, Mobile Banking, Electronic Bill Pay and Mobile Deposit capability are available anytime. You can self-enroll using our website at wcfcu.com or call our offices during normal business hours for assistance at (207) 872-2636.
- Loan Services: Apply online 24/7 and a loan officer will contact you by phone. Loans can be closed electronically without even having to come to the office in most cases.
- ATM: Use our onsite ATM or another ATM anywhere in Maine, surcharge free wherever you see the SURF logo.
- Financial Hardship: If any member is facing financial hardship due to circumstances surrounding this crisis, we encourage you to contact us. We will be working with members on an individual basis to assist.
- COVID-19 Special Assistance Loan: Winslow Community FCU understands that some of our members may be experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 virus. In order to help alleviate some of the financial stress, we are offering a Special Assistance Loan for those affected. The COVID-19 Special Assistance Loan is a personal loan for the amount of a member’s net monthly income with a term of 12 months at 1.49% APR*. First payment may be deferred for 90 days. Apply online here or call 207-872-2636 for more information. *Annual Percentage Rate. All loans are subject to credit approval and listed rates/terms are subject to change at any time without notice.
- VISA Credit Card Payment Holiday: For the May 15th (April Statement) and June 15th (May Statement) bills, qualified members can choose to skip their minimum payment on their WCFCU VISA Rewards Credit Card bill. Interest will continue to accrue on unpaid balances through skipped payment period.
In addition to the suggestions above, to prevent the spread of this virus we are taking extra precautions to protect the health and well-being of both our members and staff. Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will be performed throughout the day. Staff members have been instructed to stay home if they are sick. Equally as important, is your cooperation in limiting face to face contact if at all possible. Remember our electronic services are available 24/7.
We are taking this proactive approach out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 cases in Maine. For additional information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
We encourage you to visit our website regularly as this is an ever evolving situation and additional updates may be needed in the coming days. We appreciate your assistance and understanding as we all work together during these challenging times.
Cathy Bond, CEO
The IRS is in the process of disbursing stimulus checks to Americans. Depending on how you received your Federal refund for 2018 or 2019, you may have funds deposited directly into your account or receive a physical check. Please refer to the IRS website for more information. You can review these frequently asked questions and their answers.