What is Young & Free Maine?
Young & Free Maine is a program created by Maine’s Credit Unions for 18 to 25 year olds. They are a great resource for everything related to your finances, such as “Boosting your Credit Score,” and “Demystifying Mortgages.” They have a Spokester who shares entertaining educational content, tips and tools to help members of Generation Y manage their day-to-day lives and finances.
Every year, a new Spokester is selected by Maine’s Credit Unions. This individual must be social media savvy, a creative blogger and good at creating videos.
Find Young & Free Maine on Social Media to stay up to date with their tips and resources about your finances.
We offer a Free4Me Account at our credit union, which is specifically for 18-25 year olds. Here are some details about the account:
- The ultimate account for 18 to 25 year olds.
- Two “Oops refunds”- If you overdraw in those “Oops” moments, we have you covered.
- Receive a free debit card.
- No monthly fees and no minimum balance requirements
- Free Mobile and Online Banking & Free E-Statements
- ATM Access with the SURF ATM Network
- Shared Branching
*For more information visit www.youngfreemaine.com
2016 Bucks for Books
Books for college aren’t cheap, which is why Young & Free Maine wants to help you.
Enter to win cash for your college textbooks! You’ll have a chance at a $500, $300, or $200 prize that will be selected by random draw.
There’s also a Bonus Bucks Battle for $500—follow them on Instagram, then post a photo of your self at your school and tag it with #Bucks4BooksME
- Any college student from Maine or is attending a college in Maine.