Why should you encourage your children to get a youth account?
It’s never too early to start teaching your children how to manage their money. A great way to begin is by opening up an account right here at the credit union. We have accounts for all ages with fun perks to get them started!
My parents opened up a Monty Moose account for me when I was just a baby. To this day, I remember looking forward to bringing my money to the credit union to get my Monty Moose bucks when I was little. It was always a fun experience going to the credit union with my mom and something that I often looked forward to. Each time I would deposit money into the bank, I would get Moose Bucks that could be used to “buy” fun gifts from the Monty Moose Closet. For a $5 deposit, you would get $1 in Moose Bucks. Create a fun tradition like this with your children, nieces/nephews, or even grandchildren! They will thank you one day.
Monty Moose: Ages 12 and Under
Earn Moose Bucks to purchase cool stuff from the Monty Moose closet!
- Minimum $5 deposit to open account
- For every $5 deposited, you earn $1 Moose Buck! (maximum of $5 Moose Bucks per day, please).
- Youth certificate of deposit is available with a minimum deposit of $500
- For every $5 deposited in person, your name will be entered into an annual birthday party drawing*. The drawing is for a $250 gift certificate to be utilized for a birthday party at the Alfond Youth Center in Waterville or Sukee Arena in Winslow!
Student Saver: Ages 13-15
Earn $1.00 for each “A” or equivalent grade earned for the semester, trimesters or quarter. To receive your incentive, just send us a copy of your report card – either by fax, mail, or in person.
- Minimum $25 deposit to open account
- Certificate of Deposit with a minimum balance of $500
- For every $5 deposit in person, your name will be entered into an annual drawing*. The drawing is for a $250 gift certificate to be utilized for your birthday party at the Alfond Youth Center in Waterville or Sukee Arena in Winslow! Maximum of 5 entries per day.
Mobi Account: Ages 16-21
Bring in your balanced statement and enter a drawing* to win an iPod Touch; that’s an entry every month just for balancing your account statement!
- Minimum $25 to open account
- Members under the age of 18 must have a parent, guardian, or responsible party sign an addendum for minors.
- 1 coupon for free first order of checks
- 2 coupons for free checkbook balancing assistance
- Visa Check Card
- All High School Seniors are eligible to apply for our $500 Scholarship
Free4ME Checking: Ages 18-25
The ultimate account for 18 to 25 year olds.
- No Monthly Fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- Two “Oops refunds”- If you overdraw in those “Oops” moments, we have you covered
- Receive a free debit card
For more information and educational information, please visit www.youngfreemaine.com
Fun Resources for Kids
*All drawings will be held at our Annual Meeting in March.